480-384-9995 Contact Us
Skip Navigation Links
Skip navigation links
About Us
Student Services
Class Schedule
Skip navigation links
About Us
Student Services
Financial Aid
Transfer Options
Student Services FAQs
Class Schedule
Site Map
Communiversity > Student Services > Student Services FAQs
Student Services FAQs

What is the application process for applying to the Communiversity?

  • There is not an application to complete when enrolling in the community colleges. However, you will need to be admitted to the college of your choice.
  • Go to my.maricopa.edu call 480-517-8540 for admission to Rio Salado College.
  • If you are enrolling at one of the universities to complete a bachelor's or master's degree, you will need to apply directly to the college.
  • If you have some previous college credit and are not sure of your next step, consult with the Student Services Specialist at the Communiversity.

How early can I apply to transfer into a bachelor's degree?
For application and transfer information please check with the university that offers the bachelor’s degree of your choice.  In some instances you may be dually admitted to a community college and a university.

As a Rio Salado College graduate, am I guaranteed admission to the university of my choice?
Yes, provided you have:
  • Taken the required courses
  • Achieved the required grade point average as set by the partner institution
  • Met all the admissions requirements of the individual school
  • Met the application deadline

Is there a Communiversity staff person onsite to answer my questions?
Yes. A Student Services Specialist is available onsite to provide information about the community college admissions process and the academic options available through the Communiversity @ Surprise. University advisors are also on hand to assist you with questions regarding your bachelor’s degree.

What is online learning?
he delivery of a learning, training or education program by electronic means. Online learning, or e-learning, involves the use of a computer or electronic device (e.g. a mobile phone) in some way to provide training, educational or learning material.

How do I register for Communiversity classes?
If you are attending a community college through the Communiversity at Surprise, you register for classes at my.maricopa.edu.

If you are attending a university through the Communiversity at Surprise, you register for your classes at the university that offers the bachelor’s degree of your choice.

What is the tuition?
Tuition costs vary from school to school and depend on whether you are pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree.

How can I receive financial aid?
Students interested in financial aid should complete the FAFSA form online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Please be sure to indicate your chosen institution on the form.

How do I know which credits transfer to my degree?
Transfer and applicability of credits vary from school to school.  Please work with the Student Services Specialist and your university advisor to determine which of your credits transfer.

What are my transfer options?
Community colleges have articulation agreements with university partners that allow students to exceed the normal 64 credit hours that can be transferred and applied to a bachelor's degree.

For every bachelor's degree available through the Communiversity at Surprise, there is the potential to transfer 75-90 credits from a community college partner to a university partner.