480-384-9995 Contact Us
Skip Navigation Links
Skip navigation links
About Us
Student Services
Class Schedule
Skip navigation links
Financial Aid
Transfer Options
Student Services FAQs
Communiversity > Student Services > Financial Aid
Financial Aid

There are many types of financial aid available to eligible students.  Federal student aid programs are the largest sources of financial aid.  Eligibility for Federal student aid as well as some state programs is determined by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form.  

Types of Financial Aid:

  • Scholarships
  • Federal Grant Programs (Pell) 
  • State Grant Programs (LEAP)
  • Federal Loan Programs (Stafford, Direct, Perkins)
  • Other Federal Programs (Work Study)

Your school will have detailed information about the financial aid programs they offer to students. Participation in these programs varies from school to school, so contact the financial aid department at your home institution for specific information. 

Consortium Agreements

Depending on the school, it may be possible to receive financial aid at two institutions through a consortium agreement. Note that certain requirements – such as attending at least half-time at one of the schools – must be met. 

How it Works
Financial aid is processed through your “home” institution which is the college in which you are enrolled in a major and from which you intend to graduate first.

The “participating” institution is the school where you are enrolled in a class or classes related to your program at the home institution.  Financial aid consortiums allow funds to be awarded for classes at both institutions under specific guidelines.

If you are planning to concurrently enroll in classes at two different institutions, contact the financial aid office at your home institution to see if a consortium agreement is in place and how you may qualify.